Do you have aspirations to play football at a higher level? Do you have goals and dreams to achieve in sport and are unsure where to get started? Are you uncertain that you are heading in the right direction? Let our knowledge and expertise guide you. Whether your goal is to play at the NCAA or the USport Canadian collegiate level, we can help. Canadian athletes are very capable of playing football at the highest level collegiately. Our goal is to open up these possibilities and make sure you begin the process before its too late.
To get recruited for football North or South of the border, student-athletes not only have to be extremely talented football players with strong academics, but they also have to understand how the football recruiting process works.
They are many things involved in the recruiting process including; identifying the right collegiate program that is best suited for you, reaching out to coaches, creating a football recruiting video, and attending camps and combines. This is a multi-year journey that athletes must begin early to get a head start on the competition across the continent.
How do we differ from the other companies – We are based in the province of Alberta. We create personal relationships with each of our athletes. We know how to make a difference for the individual by being present and working face to face with them unlike other recruiting agencies. Our team has the best understanding of how the football system in Alberta works, and what it would take for an athlete to maximize his high school experience in order to transition to the next level.
- George Bush High School Houston Texas 2006-2010
- University of Houston Cougars 2010-2011
- University of Calgary Dinos 2011-2013
- Calgary Colts 2015
- Saskatchewan Roughriders 2016 / Edmonton Eskimos 2016-2017
- BC Lions 2017-2018
Our Services include
- Individual consultation sessions – This is step one, we sit down to discuss what are your goals and how we can help you achieve them.
- Position Assessment and Evaluation – On field, we break down your strengths and weakness at the position you play and provide you with information and drills that can make you more successful at your position
- 1 on 1 Position specific coaching and training – In an individual setting, we will provide 1 on 1 position based coaching to implement the drills and techniques identified in your position assessment and evaluation to teach you techniques, and provide you with tips that will put you above your peers.
- Build highlight reel – A very important component of the process, we will make a highlight tape for you based on the requirements that coaches are looking to evaluate when they are watching your film.
- Personal game attendance – Our coaches will personally attend your game and provide you with an analysis of what you need to work on to be better. Bad or good habits, that you must add or remove from your game.
- Coach contact/communication – Using our network in the football community, we will reach out to coaches we feel will be a good fit for you for your transition to the next level.
- Film analysis – via game film and your highlight tape, we break down the good and the bad and the ugly to provide you with feedback that will make you more successful on the field.
- Positional group training – Wanting to come down as a positional group or with a friend that plays the same position as you? Let us know ahead of time and we will do our best to facilitate your request.
- Strength and Conditioning – Football is a physically demanding sport, if you are not training properly, you are only deceiving yourself. It’s never too early to begin training to give yourself an edge over your competition. LEXANII SMART has partnered with MOST Physical Preparation to guarantee the best atmosphere for young athletes to train and develop in the city of Calgary.
Don’t live in Calgary, not a problem!
Our weekends are open for athletes that want to come into town for the weekend to receive the same services. Certain services can be delivered over the phone but ultimately if the athlete or athletes in a group can come down for the weekend that’s ideal.
Smart Performance has worked with Edmonton’s Chuba Hubbard and recently Albert Reese. See below.
Just returned from a phenomenal football training experience for my son with Alex O. Wow! If you take getting to the next level seriously, then spend some quality time with this guy. He will strengthen you physically, mentally & professionally
It’s nice being trained by someone who genuinely cares about how far the athlete can go. Alex is willing to take the time to work with individuals who are willing work hard